TEMPORARY WORK: Join us in an hourly paid temp role across our logistics and manufacturing sites, and help us provide food for the nation during these difficult times.Find out more
As we continue to feed the nation, our teams at nearly 500 stores are more focused than ever. Our stores love providing over 11 million customers every week with good quality fresh food and a great shopping experience they won’t find anywhere else.
Our Store People Managers have a really important role to play. Getting stuck into all kinds of people activities right from the start, you'll learn how to run the people function in a store as well as having experience of how to be the Manager in charge of the overall operation.
Getting stuck into all kinds of HR activities, you’ll quickly find yourself in a People Manager role at the heart of one of our stores. In order to support our people and understand our operation flexibility is key. Every day is different and can involve some early and late starts, early finishes, as well as some late finishes, weekend working and bank holidays.
What our 2-year scheme involves
After structured training and shadowing an existing People manager, you’ll gain responsibility for people in one of our stores. You’ll gain a good understanding of the vital role our people team plays and the big impact it makes on improving performance.
As well as gaining hands-on experience in our stores, you could also find yourself with the opportunity to work in one of our other people functions across manufacturing, logistics or our support centre. The flexibility to move around the UK to grow your skills in different stores, sites or the support centre will enable future success and become a great People manager.
What you’ll need
- A real passion for people management
- To be influential, self-motivated and results-driven
- Great interpersonal skills and a collaborative, customer focused approach
- The determination to take ownership of problems and solve them
- Great communication and listening skills and the ability to lead, influence and build strong working relationships with a diverse team of people
- Positive attitude, resilient and driven to succeed
- To be able to work early starts, late finishes, night shifts and working weekends and bank holidays
- Currently in your final year of your degree/masters or have graduated in the last two years
- To have or be expecting a 2:1 degree
- A full UK driving licence
Applications for our 2021 People scheme are now closed.
“I moved to the UK from Madrid to study an HR Masters before joining the people graduate scheme at Morrisons.”
Atenea - People Management Graduate