Over 100,000 colleagues ‘Make Morrisons’. So, our Retail People Managers have a really important role to play. Getting stuck into all kinds of people activities right from the start, you'll learn how to run the people function in a store as well as having experience of how to be the Manager in charge of the overall operation.
Getting stuck into all kinds of HR activities, you’ll quickly find yourself in a People Manager role at the heart of one of our stores. In order to support our people and understand our operation flexibility is key. Every day is different and can involve some early and late starts, early finishes, as well as some late finishes, weekend working and bank holidays.
What our 2-year scheme involves
After structured training and shadowing an existing People manager, you’ll gain responsibility for people in one of our stores. You’ll gain a good understanding of the vital role our people team plays and the big impact it makes on improving performance.
As well as gaining hands-on experience in our stores, you could also find yourself with the opportunity to work in one of our other people functions such as manufacturing logistics or central. Supported every step of the way by mentors, buddies, line managers and our friendly team, your people journey will give you the skills you need to drive our future success and become a great People manager.
What you’ll need
- To have or be expecting a 2:1 degree
- Currently in your final year of your degree/masters or have graduated in the last two years
- A real passion for people management
- A full UK driving licence
- To be influential, self-motivated and results-driven
- Great interpersonal skills and a collaborative, customer focused approach
- The determination to take ownership of problems and solve them
- Great communication skills and the ability to lead, influence and build strong working relationships with a diverse team of people
- Positive attitude, resilient, determined and a great listener and communicator
- The flexibility to move around the UK to grow your skills in different stores. (You won’t necessarily get to work at your nearest store)
- To be able to work early starts, late finishes, night shifts and working weekends and bank holidays.
“I moved to the UK from Madrid to study an HR Masters before joining the people graduate scheme at Morrisons.”Hear from our people