A career in buying offers plenty of variety. You’ll source and select ranges. You’ll negotiate deals and agreements. You’ll forecast sales and trade plans and you’ll play a big role in everything from promotions and new product development to product launches, marketing and packaging.
In our trading teams there may be the opportunity to go out and meet our suppliers to build great relationships. It’s why we are regarded some of the best trading teams in the country.
What our 2-year scheme involves
Taking on early responsibility in a fast-paced area where strategies can change in the blink of an eye, you’ll start as an assistant buyer before training to become a buyer of a product area.
Learning on-the-job, you’ll experience supplier negotiations, spend time with our experienced buyers and go on placements within a store to understand our customers and colleagues, before being given your own buying area. This scheme gives you the chance to impact on our success, make us even more competitive and eventually take charge of a category, including budget responsibility.
What you’ll need
- A minimum 2:1 degree
- Currently in your final year of your degree/masters or have graduated in the last two years
- Great communication skills and the ability to lead, influence and build strong working relationships with a diverse team of people
- Be confident with a positive attitude, resilient, determined and a great listener and communicator
- A full UK driving license
- To be good with numbers with plenty of common sense
- Have the ability to see the fine detailand keep up-to-speed with products, competitors and the market
“From the minute you join, you’re given loads of responsibility which allows you to develop really fast.”Hear from our people