We're Hiring! Our Manufacturing and Logistics sites have lots of opportunities with various shifts, full time or part time, permanent and temporary!Find out more
At Morrisons, we’re all about making good things happen for the people in our communities and those working in our stores, warehouses, and at Hilmore House. We make a real difference to the lives of millions of customers every single week, which means things are always busy.
When you join our Data Science team, you’ll be brought up to speed straight away with intensive training and plenty of opportunities to apply your knowledge. You’ll work alongside some really brilliant people, and take on responsibility for driving our success as a business. There’s also plenty of opportunity for you to make data-led decisions which have a real-world impact.
At Hilmore House, we operate a 4-day working week, plus 11 Saturdays a year. That means you’ll have the opportunity to spend time in the office working alongside your team, as well as time on your personal development and teamwork in our stores.
What our 2-year scheme involves
Our graduate scheme is a 2-year programme, and is designed to give you exposure to all the different areas of the business which allow us to do what we do. You’ll find data-led solutions to our business challenges, and immerse yourself in projects to improve the efficiency of our supply chain, minimise waste in our manufacturing sites, or improve our sales and service through customer insight.
Working with experienced industry leaders, you’ll receive intensive data science training in your first 6 months, and have the opportunity to continue to develop your skills over the following year and a half. With placements across Morrisons, every day will be a little bit different.
Once you’ve completed your scheme, you’ll have the opportunity to be promoted to Data Scientist, continuing to work within our Data Science team.
To find out more and visit us at one of our events click here.
What you’ll need
- Great communication and listening skills and the ability to lead, influence and build strong working relationships with a diverse team of people
- Lots of confidence with a positive attitude, resilience and a self motivated drive to succeed
- Be an analytical, structured process thinker with strong Maths capabilities
- Have the ability to manipulate data to solve business problems
- Currently in your final year of your degree/masters or have graduated in the last two years
- A minimum 2:1 degree in Data Science, Maths, Physics, Electronic/Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 3 A's at A Level to include Maths and one other quantitative subject eg Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Advanced Maths, Economics
- A full UK driving licence.
Applications for our 2024 Data Science Graduate scheme are now closed.