We're Hiring! Our Manufacturing and Logistics sites have lots of opportunities with various shifts, full time or part time, permanent and temporary!Find out more
We have nearly 500 friendly stores at the heart of our local communities across the country. This is where we make and provide great food so more and more people can afford eating well.
Our teams at those stores love providing over 9 million customers every week with good quality fresh food and a great shopping experience they won’t find anywhere else. They deliver a friendly, fresh-focused shopping experience to our customers from across the store. Whether that’s from our counters to our customer assistants, and from our night colleagues to our home delivery pickers.
On our 3-year programme (3 years in England/ 4 years in Scotland), you’ll need to think quickly on your feet as you’ll be right at the heart of the action. It’s all about helping to keep our store running smoothly as you learn what’s involved in store operations alongside your studies.
As the fast-paced world of retail isn’t 9-5, your role will involve some early starts, late finishes, night shifts and working weekends and Bank Holidays. It’s hard work for sure. But it’s also very rewarding. Every day is different and we’ll support you every step of the way. So, if you love helping customers - learning to become a brilliant retail manager is a great idea!
What you’ll do
- You'll work across all areas of the store gaining a full overview of store operations and systems.
- You’ll then train to become a Team Leader where you’ll help lead a team of colleagues within a department.
- By the end of your three years, you'll be a Manager in one of our stores. That means you’ll be responsible for a department, holding joint accountability with other Managers for the day to day operational running of the store.
- If you have what it takes, you could then make it onto our Store Manager Development Programme.
What you'll study towards
You could study towards a BSc Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship at the University of Bradford. Or, you could study towards a BA (Hons) Graduate Apprenticeship in Business Management in Scotland.
What you’ll need
- Resilience, determination and good leadership skills.
- The flexibility to meet the changing needs of our business with confidence.
- Being able to work in a team and have the courage to make decisions.
- Experience of working in a retail or customer facing environment.
- Recently gained or be predicted a minimum of 112 UCAS points.
- A minimum Level 4 in Maths and English GCSEs.
- A minimum Level 4 in Maths and English GCSEs OR 4 Highers at minimum level B including Maths or equivalent qualification (for Scottish stores).
- The flexibility to move between stores and locations — you'll be based in England or Scotland and may need to commute up to 25 miles.
- A full UK driving licence.