TEMPORARY WORK: Join us in an hourly paid temp role across our logistics and manufacturing sites, and help us provide food for the nation during these difficult times.Find out more
We have nearly 500 friendly stores at the heart of our local communities, and they have never played a more important role in our customers’ lives than they do right now as we continue to feed the nation.
Our teams at those stores love providing over 11 million customers every week with good quality fresh food and a great shopping experience they won’t find anywhere else. They deliver a friendly, fresh-focused shopping experience to our customers from across the store, from our counters to our customer assistants, and from our night colleagues to our home delivery pickers.
Thinking quickly on your feet at the heart of the action, on our 3-year programme you’ll help to keep the store running smoothly. Learning to run all areas of the store operations alongside your studies.
As the fast-paced world of retail isn’t 9-5, your role will involve some early starts, late finishes, night shifts and working weekends and bank holidays. It’s hard work for sure. But it’s also very rewarding. Every day is different and we’ll support you every step of the way. So, if you love helping customers - learn to become a brilliant retail manager.
What you’ll do
- You'll work across all areas of the store gaining a full overview of store operations and systems
- Following which you'll train to become a Team Leader where you will be helping lead a team of colleagues within a department
- By the end of the three years you'll be a Manager in one of our stores accountable for a department, holding joint accountability with other Managers for the day to day operational running of the store
- If you have what it takes you could make it onto the Store Manager Development Programme.
What you'll study towards
- Study towards a BA (Hons) Retail Leadership Degree Apprenticeship in England
- Study towards a BA (Hons) Graduate Apprenticeship in Business Management in Scotland
What you’ll need
- Resilience, determination and good leadership skills
- The flexibility to meet the changing needs of our business with confidence
- Being able to work in a team and have the courage to make decisions
- Flexibility to move between stores and locations - you'll be based in England or Scotland
- Experience of working in a retail or customer facing environment
- Recently gained a minimum of 104 UCAS points
- A minimum Level 4 in Maths and English GCSEs
- A minimum Level 4 in Maths and English GCSEs OR 4 Highers at minimum level B including Maths or equivalent qualification (for scottish stores)
Applications for our 2021 Retail Degree Apprenticeship scheme are now closed.
“The people make the company. Our people are what give us our fantastic reputation for customer service, and I really love being a part of that. ”
Emily - Retail Degree Apprentice